Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tagged for the first time!

I was in a fix last week.We had just seen two farewell sessions at college,I had a couple of assignments edging towards the deadline,a dissertation topic in indecision and a half formed post in mind.Was crammed for creative expression when Silverine saved the day.I take up my first tag enthusiastically.

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATRE:

A Malayalam movie called "Chocolate".Was no good, but we went from our class and cheered loudly when our principal's name flashed across the screen and everytime they showed our college.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?

"Nilathezhutthu",by Rev.Boby Jose Kattikadu

3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Good old Snakes and ladders,Luddo and Monopoly

4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Reader's Digest(before they started the Indian edition),Don Bosco,The Week.

5. FAVORITE SMELLS?

Smell of mummy's sambhar and lime pickle,new books,roses and kundirikkam (incense).

6. FAVORITE SOUND?

The lunch bell,wind chimes,church bells,flute and harp

7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?

When Mum's cross with me.

8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?

Snoozing 5 more mins wont hurt...

9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?

The only place I get food(fast or otherwise) is mum's kitchen.Seldom have to eat outside.

10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Emma,Amy,Manna,Elizabeth....haven't found interesting boy's names yet .

11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D...?

have a difficult time keeping count of it....!

12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST?

Not more than 40 km/hr on my scooter.
Better late than never!

13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?

Thought it was fashionable to do so from the illustrations in Enid Blyton's"Bedtime stories".Had a Winnie-the-Pooh(a long time back) who found himself on the floor by midnight.

14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY?

Somewhere close to scary

15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?

The brand new blue Maruti 800 from the driving school.Didn't expect the instructor to ask me to get behind the wheel right on day one.

16. FAVORITE DRINK?

Water flavoured with ramacham,sambharam(butter-milk),lemonade with soda.

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD

...waste more,probably;24 hrs is enough for me...

18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?

I hate leafy vegetables!

19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?

No way,my hair is beautiful as it is.

20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.

Kothamangalam, Trivandrum, and Ernakulam.

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

Wish Rahul Dravid played something else.

22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.

Sterling Silver (ine)!

23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?

A lot of dust(because i haven't bothered to sweep under it)and one amused spider I chased under it last night(spidy,you are done for,I'm going to get the vacuum cleaner!)

24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?

Anytime!

25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL?

Morning person on normal days,night owl on the eve of exams.

26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP?

Sunny side up...

27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?

Home sweet home

28. FAVORITE PIE?

Not a Simple Simon!

29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?

Any flavour would do because ice creams are forbidden to me....Tonsillitis

30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?

Emily

Im tagging

Merin
Emily
Anish
Neil

11 comments:

silverine said...

We have a lot in common. I love Don Bosco too and subscribe to it. I used o read the The Catholic Digest when in school as the Nuns had the subscription. Very much like RD and just as interesting too. I love the smell of incense they burn in Church. My uncle who is a Priest used to bring some for me when I was a kid. School closing bell and Lunch bell is music to the ears to no? :p

Sterling Silver? Honored though I dont deserve the comparison! :) Thanks for taking the tag and making it such a wonderful read!

Mind Curry said...

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD

...waste more,probably;24 hrs is enough for me...

so sweet..God musta smiled listening to that :) but i am sure you wont answer the same in a few years time..

mathew said...

Snakes and ladders..thank god i was worried why no one was writing that!! ;-P

sambharam is my fav drink too..after i read this feels like changing what i put in my tag..

snoozing 5 more minutes doesnt work for me..coz i rather often switch off the mobile when i hear it!!;-P

entertaining read..

Deepti said...

hey very nicely done tag :)

Neena Padayatty said...

@silverine
Hey nice to share tastes with u...The fragrance of incense during Mass is simply invigorating and i feel that prayers go up with it..One of our profs who continued lecturing after the bell winded up with "For whom the bell tolls...it tolls for thee!".....now ive got yet another adjective to describe u..thanks for tagging me!

@mindcurry
Guess excess time is one of the luxuries of studenthood.Hope God wont be too harsh on me for all those idle hours...i'm mending my ways..:)

@mathew
Always loved the game though im positively scared of the reptiles..used to go down the long snake at 99 most of the time...I think sambharam is the best cooler in the world...thanks!

@deepthi
thank u :)

Jiby said...

Snoozing 5 more mins wont hurt...
Haha...i wonder how many people's curses have fallen on me coz i snooze 20 times with a 5 more mins plea to the shrill alarm and end up waking everyone around me, except myself!

Neena Padayatty said...

@jiby
LOL!...well i actually graduated from being a late riser(8:30am!when in school) to the early bird(5:45am,now)...guess that's the trouble...:)

Solitaire said...

Wrong time to read your nice post. Am hungry and the sambhar is making my mouth water.

anN-series said...

neena..many a times i have read ur blog and i honestly feel that ur posts make a very refreshing read....and wow do u really exist?- "..waste more,probably;24 hrs is enough for me...", "WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? When Mum's cross with me." very simple very uncomplicated... cheers!

Emmanuel said...

Wish Rahul Dravid played something else.
Nice one.

Your take on the tag was a nice read. :)

Neena Padayatty said...

@solitaire
Good to know it conveyed the gustatory effect...thanks for stopping by :)
@ann-series
Thank u!guess i'm too trivial a person to exist...Mum's my unacknowledged best friend.
@emmanuel
Thank u for visiting!