Thursday, July 17, 2008

Silver Spangles

Mathew send me this 'spark' to brighten the Bower :)

8 things I am passionate about

Faith (...like a tree planted by the waters..(Jeremiah 17:8)..)
Family (including the large extended family)
Friends (People who add colour to my life)
Writing (no matter how I fare in it;still cherish all those handwritten letters and my diaries worth a decade.)
Kerala (Maamalakalkappurathu marathaka pattuduthu....)
Monsoon (thankfully it has caught up here,though late)
Good music (as important as life air)
Being myself (don't care how old fashioned it might make me)


8 things I want to do before I die (a.k.a wild dreams)

Write a book
Learn to swim
Learn to dance
Travel wide
Sing a duet with Sonu Nigam(the "Pal,pal,pal "song or the Parineeta songs)
Master a couple of foreign languages
Teach in the school and colleges I studied in.
Find Mr.Right (if there's one.And I hope it isn't the doctor who administers me on my death bed ;-D)


8 things I say often:

Eeshoye
Aakemotham(irritates Mum to hear me use it)
Nera
Honestly
Hi
Ok
well...
Maybe

8 books I last read (thank God it doesn't specify 'last'!!)

Afterwards-Jaishree Misra
To Sir With Love-E. R. Braithwaite
Nectar in a Sieve-Kamala Markandaya
India:From Midnight to the Millennium-Shashi Tharoor

Currently my table has a pile of books that have the slightest mention of words like "Orwell","Animal Farm",and "hegemony" as part of my project work.They want a 40 strong bibliography(sigh)

8 songs I could listen to over and over again(who ever made this tag...this is uncomfortably restricting )

Pinneyum pinneyum aaro kinavinte-Krishnagudiyil oru Pranaya kalathu
Sahyasaanu shruti cherthu vecha-Karumadikuttan
Aakashagopuram-Kalikkalam
Ethalurnnuveena paneer dalangal-Thanmathra
Nee Madhu Pakaru-Moodal Manju
Nila Kakirathu-Indira
Super Trouper-ABBA
Nahi samne-Taal

I tag

Deepti
Merin
Emily
George

11 comments:

Philip said...

'Ithaloornu veena...' is a favourite of mine too..although for some reason I like the version sung by Mohanlal over the more technically correct version sung by Jayachandran.

And good to hear that the monsoons have not forsaken Kerala. You also reminded me of something I forgot to put in my tag - learn a couple of foreign languages before I die.

Deepti said...

Love that song from Indira too!!
Will do the tag soon :)

mathew said...

we often say 'Aakemotham' but as in 'Aakemotham kolam aaki alle?';-P

Animal Farm as Project work!!..why dont they allow people to enjoy that book..


btw excellent choice of songs "Pinneyum pinneyum aaro kinavinte"..love that song for the rustic and simple feel..

thanks for taking up the tag..

Neena Padayatty said...

@philip
yes..the version by mohanlal is certainly heartening...but can't help liking the masterful "bhavagayakan".:)

@deepti
Sorry,i'm late to intimate u...Thanks for being a sport..looking forward to read urs..:)

@mathew
Alas,the project topic was my choice.Now,I keep going back to the synopsis to see what i originally intended to do ;-D

Emmanuel said...

How's Shashi Taroor's book?

btw, most of the people has got at least 1-2 AR Rahman songs in ther list. :)

nice read. :)

George said...

Extended the general shift to the second shift to respond to your tagging. Learning foreign language is something I also want to do, but I guess.. I will do it anyway.

jj said...

Even I wanna teach in the school I studied in.
To sir with love.. awesome book
refreshing read here.

Jina said...

i totally loved ur song n book list..:)
good tag list..:)
and why does ur mom get irriated with aakemotham..is it some kinda taboo word?

Neena Padayatty said...

@emmanuel
As interesting as "The Shashi Tharoor Column" in The Hindu,Sunday Magazine.I looked out especially for his observations on Kerala.Thank u!

@george
Wish u luck with the languages.:)

@jj
Good to hear that...want to watch the movies sometime.Thanks!

@ursjina
It's not a taboo...Mum's a purist in speech..."aake" and "motham" contextually mean the same when i use it.Thank u :)

Deepti said...

Tag done :)

hope and love said...

hmmm.. nice post.. loved the way u handled the tag..